Trusted Felonies & Misdemeanors Lawyer Representing Pittsburgh Residents
When you commit a criminal act in Pennsylvania you will most likely be charged with either a misdemeanor, felony or both. Misdemeanors are less severe than felonies, but they are not something to laugh at or dismiss. If you’re facing a misdemeanor or felony, you need the help of an effective criminal defense lawyer.
Misdemeanors & Mandatory Minimums
Pennsylvania misdemeanors fall into three classes and carry different punishments:
- First-Degree Misdemeanor: Up to five years in prison and $10,000 in fines
- Second-Degree Misdemeanor: Up to two years in prison and $5,000 in fines
- Third-Degree Misdemeanor: Up to one year in prison and $2,500 in fines
Some crimes carry mandatory minimum sentencing that results in automatic misdemeanors, such as multiple DUI convictions.
Just like misdemeanors, felonies in our state also fall into three classes:
- First-Degree Felonies: Up to 20 years in prison and $25,000 in fines
- Second-Degree Felonies: Up to 10 years in prison and $25,000 in fines
- Third-Degree Felonies: Up to seven years in prison and $15,000 in fines
As you can see, these convictions have the potential to seriously derail your life. In addition to these penalties, having these charges on your criminal record may negatively impact your career and family life.
Get the Representation You Need
There is perhaps nothing more frightening and stressful than facing criminal charges that could result in years behind bars and enormous fines. We have defended countless clients in your situation and will give your case our full attention. Regardless of what you are accused of, we can build a strong defense in your favor.